Hi there folks!
Wow, what a year. Of course, in the bigger scheme of things a lot has happened this year, all of you need no reminder how crazy/sad/terrifying the world is at the moment, but I would like to share some very personal views on my own life. We alle are just little specks of (star-)dust, but I feel the need to be reminiscent of 2015.
Last year, I wrote a recap for 2014 (German), this year I want to continue this now establishing tradition.
If haven grown quite a bit in 2014, but I have the feeling this last year was exceptional. Even friends and family see it, so it’s not only residing inside, but also shows on the outside now. This makes me happy, because it’s a clear sign that I have overcome huge emotiona/mental struggles.
In 2015 I gained so much confidence. I embraced fear, I’ve let go of things I can’t control and I wasn’t harmed. Of course, the process was painful, and there are sometimes moments where I am not as confident, but nowadays it’s that way, not the other way around.
I am bolder.
I feel calmer.
I believe in myself.
It’s crazy to know that I will become 30 in 2016 and I still struggle with issues, but man, I don’t run away anymore. I am standing my own ground, and that’s a huge gift I’m giving to myself.
I faced so many challenges this year. Sometimes those challenges were also opportunities, but I pushed myself to create those and to grasp them, not turning them away.
2015: Bullet Points
- Played Transistor. Very different game experience. Beautiful design and intriguing world.
- Took part in anti-fascist/Anti-Pegida demonstration.
- Went to a real world Quidditch practice. LOL.
- Made 400 enemies at once. (Accidentally flipped of the security switch in the library – death stares ensued – I am not dead. Victory.)
- Wrote a poem about writing notes/thesis for university: (read it with the “Let it Go” – music.)
The screen glows white on the desktop tonight
Not a footnote to be seen
A kingdom of isolation,
And it looks like I’m the queen.
The thought is howling like this swirling storm inside
Couldn’t keep it in, heaven knows I tried!
Don’t let him in, don’t let them see
Be the good girl, you always have to be
Conceal, don’t feel, don’t let them know
Well, now they know!
Let it go, let it go
Can’t hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door!
I don’t care
What they’re going to say
Let the storm rage on,
The grade never bothered me anyway!
- Backed Shadowrun HongKong. Cool game. Technically better than Shadowrun Dragonfall, but story-wise not as cool.
- I met the front singer Alissa White-Gluz of Arch Enemy at a juice bar and we talked about veganism (she’s vegan for over ten years.) Super nice person 🙂
- Silent Hills was cancelled and I was shattered.
- Mad Max Fury Road. I’m valhalla’d.
- Tea ceremony with friends in Yukatas in the Korean Garden ❤
- Went to the Film museum, topic: Videogames.
- Comic Series Fables ended… Damn.
- I was drawn as a chicken as part of a challenge.
- I gave away 1/3 of my closet.
- Finished political studies with an A-!
- First time alone while abroad: Brighton: designer/illustrator conference, where I met Yuko Shimizu in person!
- London: Harry Potter Studio Tour!
- Made new friends at Buckingham Palace! :3
- Went to an epic concert of Epic Rap battles of Historyyyyyyyyyyyyy! (And Nice Peter said: “Ich liebe dich.”)
- Survived IAA.
- Read Maus
- Met Felix Mertikat und Verena Klinke by chance in a bookstore in Stuttgart, bought all of their Steam Noir comics and chatted for 90 minutes.
- Started the letter project on “S.” with Poesielos!
- Met with guys from my TheSecretWorldClan!
- Took part in an awesome Steampunk-Horro-LARP, in-time all the way! My in-time romance was so intense I felt the characters death for days after the event was over.
- Got complimented by HQ boss for pictures I took.
- Met an childhood friend again 😀
Wow, lots of cool stuff happened in 2015!